Thursday, October 1, 2009

New job!

A while ago I applied for this awesome job on campus that I thought there was no way I'd get it. I had an interview a little while ago, and a week after the interview I was offered the job! I was so excited! I have now been working for 2 weeks and I love it. I work at SUU in the Presiden't Office as a public relations assistant. I write press releases and radio commercials, and help come up with the text that goes on posters, billboards, and other advertisements. I'm also going to be helping with a lot of graduation planning. It's a little stressful at times, but I really do love this job! Public relations is what I hope to do in the future so this is a good resume-builder. I have my own desk and it's been a nice change working in an office. I finally get to dress up for work! It's fun. I got offered the job right before my birthday, and since I needed new clothes to wear to work... Forrest and my mom sent me on a shopping spree!! It was so fun to go shopping with my mom, I haven't done that for a while. She helped me pick out some very cute things! It was a very nice birthday gift from both of them. Thanks guys, I love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

TJ and Whitnee said...

Happy birthday! Your job sounds really fun!

Ashley and Hallie said...

Hol...I still think that's so awesome! You're for sure the best one for the job! Congrats!! :)

Dan and Sara said...

You're too humble - I totally knew you'd get the job! :)

Glad you love it and I absolutely love your new wardrobe (at least what I've seen of it!)

I'm very proud of you little sis!!

Deanna said...

Congrats on the job! Good for you!

Matt and Krachel said...

Now that seems like a job I could get in to!

The Jarretts said...

That is so awesome! Congrats on your job.