Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Time Adventures

I can't hardly believe the summer is almost over. Three weeks left until school starts :(. But this summer, as busy as its been, has been a great one so far!! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of everything, but I'll put up the ones I do have. Here are some of the fun adventures from our summer!

#1-4th of July trip to Mesa
Forrest and I had flight vouchers left over from our honeymoon, so we used them to fly to Mesa for a weekend to visit Ashley and Myles! We went camping and did this amazing hike down to this huge natural spring that made a big water hole that you could swim in! It had a rope swing and everything. Forrest and I went swimming and it was so perfect! When we got back to Mesa from camping, we all went on a big motorcycle ride for like 2 hours. Ashley and Myles both have these huge bikes, so Forrest got to ride Myles' bike, Ashley rode hers, Myles rode one of his dad's, and I rode on the back of his dad on his big touring bike. It was so fun! Forrest absolutely loved it and is convinced that we have to get a bigger motorcycle soon. We loved this trip!


#2-Red Fleet!!
A whole week in paradise with your family and friends. We had so much fun! Red Fleet is the best vacation spot in the world. We were joined by most of my family and our friends from Wallsburg, then our friends Jed and Amanda and baby Cali came for a few days, and our friends Colton and Shay were there with their family at the end of the week. We had a blast tubing, wakeboarding, skiing, swimming, boating, and air chairing!



#3-24th of July

The weekend of the 24th was fun. Forrest and Colton decided they wanted to play in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament in Monroe, so we drove out there Thursday night and sat through 6 hours of sweaty men and boys playing basketball in the middle of main street until 2 a.m. It was really fun though! We stayed at our friend Jenna's house that night and had a delicious breakfast that morning then watched the parade. Saturday we went hiking with Drew and Megan at Zion which was way fun. We had a really enjoyable holiday weekend!


#4-Upcoming anniversary trip

For our 1st anniversary, we are going to Disneyland! Woohoo! I can't wait. We're going with Colton and Shay, and we got tickets to the Price is Right! I can't wait, we are going to make some awesome t-shirts so we stand out :). We're also going to the San Diego temple while we're there, I can't wait! One of the best parts about our anniversary and Disneyland trip is that it means Forrest is finally finished with summer school!

Watching the parade in Monroe


Our little basketball team! They went 3-2 in the tournament.

Having fun at the lake!

After cliff jumping Boys exhausted on the tubes! I'm not quite sure what Jed is doing.. playing some kind of an air instrument I think.
Forrest getting up on the wakeboard for his first time!
Sara and Forrest!

6 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

Wow you guys have been busy! I don't know how Forrest goes to summer school and goes on all these trips! I can't believe it's already almost your anniversary, the last year has gone by fast! Congratulations!

Dan and Sara said...

Oh Holla, I love you! We had so much fun with you & Forrest at the lake. You are staying way busy, aren't you! But that makes the summer even more enjoyable, I think. All the little trips and fun things... glad you finally updated your blog :)

Deanna said...

You have been busy! No wonder we've missed you in the blog world. I wish we could spend more time outside right now - its just too darn HOT!

The Tomlinsons said...

What fun, I love seeing what my family is doing! It sounds like you guys had a great summer. Are you ready for school to start up again?

The Jarretts said...

Holly how are you?! I found your blog off of Micha's haha. Guess what, I went to the price is right 2 years ago!! It was so awesome Be sure to get in line the night before, even though you have tickets. We slept on the streets to get in, and now we know why no one looks good on the show haha. Well good luck and i'll see ya around campus!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Summer!!