Last week we had our conference championship track meet, the biggest and last meet of the year for most of us. The meet was held in Cedar City at our track, which is a big deal because we only get to host it like every 5 years. It was such an incredible weekend! Forrest competed in the hammer, shot put, javelin, and discus and placed in all 4 events! He also got personal records in each of his events which doesn't happen very often so he was so excited! He took 8th in both the hammer and discus (which he wasn't supposed to even be in the top 10 in either), 3rd in the shot put (finally throwing over 50' which he's never even gotten close to before), and 2nd in the javelin, throwing 181' 11" (a 20 foot improvement from the rest of the season). The javelin was the most exciting because he was actually in first place for the first 4 throws. Then on the 5th throw some guy threw one just past Forrest and barely beat him. It was so close! Forrest did really well though and I'm really proud of him.
I competed in the long jump, 400m, and 4x400m. I had a pretty great meet too with the exception of the long jump. I ran a 57.79 in the 400 and took 8th place. I wasn't even ranked in the top 15 before so I made a big improvement! I ran another 57 second split in the second leg of the 4x4 and our team ended up taking 2nd, almost breaking the school record! We were happy about that because we were supposed to take 4th and we beat 2 of the teams that were ranked ahead of us.
As a whole team, the men were conference champs!! They were underdogs to North Dakota by 20 points but ended up beating them by 23! It was so exciting, the men as a whole did so incredible! The girls also did really well, although we ended up 2nd. Our top distance runner got injured the day before the meet so she couldn't compete at all. We were supposed to be about 60 points behind North Dakota, but at the end of the meet we finished only 19 points behind them. It was so fun to compete so well. We had a great weekend and were really happy that mom, dad, Carlia, and McKaydee were able to come watch!







6 comments:
I am so proud of you guys! I wish I could've been there to watch you so bad! Love the pics... you guys are quite the amazing couple!
That is really cool, congratulations on all you and Forrests records! It would probably take me 57 seconds to run 100 meters!
Congrats! That is so exciting! How are you feeling these days, Holly?
That is so great! We are proud of you guys. I don't think I could even come close to running as fast as you. I would have to race the 12 year olds...even then I would come in 10th place.
That is great your boy did person bests. I bet you were soooo proud of him. Congrats to both of you!
Good to see you guys compete! Great Job!
so cool! I love that you two have something you're passionate about and good at to do together!!
Post a Comment