Well the past few weeks have been really weird. I've been back to the doctor a few times and he sent me to the hospital for some tests. He thinks its my gall bladder that's causing the trouble. On Monday I went in for 2 ultrasounds and I'm still waiting to hear the results on those. This Friday I'm scheduled for a HIDA scan, which I'm not really sure what it is. As far as I know, its a 3 hour appointment where they dye my insides and have me swallow a radioactive isotope. Then they stick me under a camera for a few hours and watch what the isotope does. Apparently that's supposed to tell them where the problem is. Assuming that it is my gall bladder, I will be having surgery sometime in the near future to remove it. It's a pretty easy surgery though so that's good. As much as I would hate to have surgery, I'd totally take it over the pains and sickness. We're just hoping they can figure it out.
The good news is that I've been able to keep running. The doctor said it can't make my condition worse, it'll just make me feel worse. So although I was able to go to the meet last week, I was extremely exhausted and didn't perform as well as I hoped. Oh well! Forrest did great at least. He actually got a p.r. (personal record) in both of his events so he was really happy with that.
As far as everything else goes, we're doing fine! Midterms is next week, and we are so excited that the semester is going by so fast. We were super relieved to hear that Grandma was sent home from the hospital, that's such a blessing! Thank you all so much for your prayers for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You should definitely get your gall bladder out! I just had mine out in August, the surgery wasn't bad, the worst part was the recovery for me, but everyone is different. They pump you up with air during the surgery, so then I looked like I was pregnant for a couple days, and it was a little painful being all bloated like that!
Fernando had to have his gull bladder removed after a very late night run to the emergency room. He had kept getting sick but that night he was in so much pain. I know it can be so painful. I am sorry you have't been feeling well. The surgery and recovery werne't bad. WE will pray that the doctors find out whats wrong and fix it. It is never fun playing the guessing game.... best of luck
So glad to hear that there is at least some progress and that you are still able to run. And congrats to Forrest!
Glad to see the comments are working once again - and look how many people had things to say that you were missing out on!
Wow Holla - I hope they figure out once and for all what's wrong. It make me sad to know you're in pain! Keep us posted!
And tell Forrest great job!
Post a Comment